richisurfs
(Weather Guru)
Fri Sep 17 2004 01:06 AM
Re: JB vs the NHC

Phil...Just want you to know that i want to keep it on topic. I would never want to contibute anything to the board that made it seem like a chatroom because I HATE chatrooms! I'll keep it on Jeanne from here on out. i do feel though that sharing that gut wrenching feeling that I had when Frances was heading towards us with 145mph sustained winds is pretty relevant to any discussion on here. We can talk about all the tchnical aspects of a storm and what it's gonna do but the emotions we feel when one is coming at you is part of it also. I think about the only thing I'm gonna miss when this hurricane season is over will be the contacts that you lose with people on this site because no one will be posting on here. i feel like everyone is really my friend even though we've never met. I'll be careful though from here on out.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center