MrSpock
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Sep 17 2004 02:14 AM
Here's irresponsible........

Just caught Accuweather on Fox, on Greta's show. First, he may be right, but 5 days out, he EMPHATICALLY stated that it WILL hit the U.S. Later, he said it will be at least 96-110 mph.
Excuse me, but 5 days out, no one knows for sure. I don't remember his name, but after that report I think I should refer to them as Hypeuweather.
Again, it may be right, but to have an arrow pointing to Fla, saying it WILL hit at at least 96-110 is irresponsible. If he is right, that doesn't make them great forecasters. They took a shot, and got lucky.
To make it worse, this report started by Greta stating something like "Major hurricane Jeanne".
My advice to everyone.....turn of the tv's, check out the NHC, TWC, or your local NWS. I hope the ratings they got were worth it.

Now I am done venting, but ................forget it.
And, when was the last time you saw a Vulcan this upset?
i know how you feel (or don't feel?l, but jeanne does have event written all over it. i'm going to wait until tomorrow night or saturday (once it clears hispaniola/ivan track becomes more definite) before nailing my theses on the church door.. but i'm thinking the same thing. -HF

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center