richisurfs
(Weather Guru)
Fri Sep 17 2004 02:46 AM
Re: Here's irresponsible........

Debbie, i think you are one good reason of many to back up what Mr. Spock just said, whose views I also share on this matter. You are new to this whole hurricane thing and you are trying to learn because you understand, I'm sure, the devastating effect one of these storms can have on you and your family. if you don't learn to understand what is really going on and find sources that you can really trust than you're bound to believe anything that you might hear about these storms and where they are going...especially national networks that are trying to hype it up. Let me just say I know theAccuweather guys know way more than I could ever hope to know about all of this but don't you think they have a responsibilty to the people who might be directly affected by these storms...especially to the ones like Debbie who are new to it and are trying to learn and understand about them? I've lived in Florida since I was 6 years old and I've learn to deal with hurricanes every season but it's still no fun when one is hanging out in your backyard and you don't know where its going to go. It scares even a seasoned veteran like myself so I can imagine what it does to someone who is first experiencing it.Why needlessly scare people for the sake of a good news story. I know some won't agree with me but I'm sick of being in the path of every storm this year and i don't need some hyped up weather forecaster shouting that yet another one is coming at me Ok, I'l get off my soapbox now....I promise.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center