Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri Sep 17 2004 04:14 AM
Lesson Learned - get a generator..

Earlier post asked about Javlin.... he's fine, came over my house late this morning... he had no damage....

I still have no power, 32 hours and counting.... about seven of us on the front beach are the only ones, transformer probably bad, and its on a pole in my back yard..... my neighbor owns an RV dealership and we just parked about a 50 footer in my front yard, using the generator to supply electricity to both houses.... so at least I now have some power for essentials...

I was very prepared for this storm, but the one thing I really learned is that I need to get a generator, and will buy one as soon as they become available.... you don't even need to get hurricane force winds and you still might be out of power for days....

anyone have a recommendation for a good generator (name brand and size) I could buy please send it to me via the CFHC message system...

thanks

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center