Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri Sep 17 2004 03:23 PM
Re: Ivan Storm Surge?

Rob, good point, that's what I was thinking, that once a storm reaches say a strong Cat 4 or 5 rating, the momentium of the system does not let the surge wind down as fast as the wind does... I always assumed the surge will be equal to the wind speed, and Ivan proved this NOT to be the case... something I'll consider regarding my evacuation plans for the next one that comes my way...

AugustDawn.... Regardling Watl Disney World.... I cancelled my trip which was scheduled for next Friday, only because I was concerned of the impact from Ivan... seeing the devistation along the I-10 corridor in the panhandle I'm glad I did, will reschedule for early next year... however, if one can get to WDW without using I-10, I see no reason why you shouldn't go... hmmmm, except for Jeanne perhaps....

Storm chaser..... nice guesscast.... I might be leaning a little more to the south at the moment, still to early for me to call yet....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center