richisurfs
(Weather Guru)
Sat Sep 18 2004 01:23 PM
Re: She's a fighter

I agree with you totally.As I posted a couple of days ago, think back to the days of the earliest 20th century when a Category 5 was moving in off the coast of Texas and the storm kept getting stronger and stronger until thousands lost thier lives. No advanced warning..no nothing. These people probably just thought it was a thunderstorm moving in...I don't really know. The NHC always puts margins of errors on their forecasts out there but we do live in a time when evryone expects answers right away and those answers had better be right or else. I would fault Accuweather for one thing though and that is to get on national tv and come across to everyone as if their forecasts are written in stone. It's arrogant and irresponsible. For all the defenders of those guys out there I would just say this...I know what I saw and heard when I saw them on Fox and MSNBC and I am entitled to my opinion about them. I may not know much but their website has been deleted from my favorites from here on out. You can have them.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center