richisurfs
(Weather Guru)
Sat Sep 18 2004 02:43 PM
Re: Forecasting fun with Jeanne

One more thing before I head out today. Last night I purposely Watched CBS news and Dan Rather to see what their take on Ivan and jeanne would be. I know his record for theatrics so i had to see. Just for the record, I never watch those guys. Anyhow, Dan showed the track that the NHC had put out at like 5am or 11am going into SE coastline instead of the most recent 5 pm track that the NHC put out not showing that. Did they not have access to that 5pm projected path when their broadcast statred at 6:30pm? yeah, right. Did that suprise me? well, what do you think?. just more fuel to the fire of my belief that the national news networks don't have much credibilty when it comes to these storms. The most important thing is their big story rather than presenting what the facts are at a given time.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center