poetdi
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Sep 18 2004 08:23 PM
Re: Back After A DEEP and NEEDED Sleep

AdmittedHacker, you are no doubt correct and that's the right thing for them to do. Many of the crews that worked on our neighborhoods here were from North Carolina and they need to be at home helping their own. But apparently some crews had been staying here cooling their heels waiting to see what happened with Jeanne.

Slightly off topic but since electricity is so central to all our lives and the discussions here have touched on how much we missed it (for myself, 9 total days with both Charley and Frances) - several local governments (including the one where I live) are considering localizing the power utility and ending their contracts with Progress Energy. After watching the resources ProgEnergy commands in these situations I can't believe they'd still seriously consider it. Don't know if anyone else has seen this happen but it boggles my mind.

Poetdi

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center