MrSpock
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Sep 18 2004 10:02 PM
Steve,

I figured I was part of your post to Richie, since my name was in there. That's what bothered me. The problem with doing this message board stuff is it is very easy to misconstrue something-whether it's remembering who said what, or who MEANT what, etc.
I have written many emails that sounded the way i wanted them to when I wrote them, but when I re-read at another time, it seemed like I am saying something else. That's a big hazzard of communicating without voice inflections, and a back-and-forth type of thing.

As far as JB, I did blame him when it was in reality, it was a "member of the team" that night. I also called out a local tv weatherman for doing the same thing in reverse, and he is eating some big dishes of crow today.
I don't read his stuff, I used to subscribe to them probably 15 years ago, long before all of this stuff was found on the internet. Having the amateur experience that I do, I see things from a different perspective. I took heat in school for wrong forecasts that agreed with everyone else-it happens. I used to be a bolder forecaster, but later on, I realized the power of those words.
I have no problems when people disagree....that often leads to excellent discussion, and you can really learn from that. But, I also won't get on anyone for it either though, because someday, the situation will be reversed.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center