Storm Cooper
(User)
Sat Sep 18 2004 10:48 PM
Re: CFHC Family...who's unaccounted for & My Story.... after sleep

I made a post sometime ago but have been asked about the tornado incident in PCB/PC..... I was on the computer on this site...NWS, my level III radar running(feeling quite like a little weatherman at this point) and Ch 7 WJHG on behind me. JK and crew were on at the top & bottom of the hour w/ updates on Ivan. I had a few hooks as it appeared on my radar so I was ready to send a severe wx report to Tally, I figured a severe T'storm shortly.... well about then JK is alarmed by his Vipir radar and has Greg M. pan around w/ the tower cam.... I think everyone knows the rest.... I did manage to click off my report to Tally of a tornado... ran to the living room where my wife was watching JK... I got her into the safe room (yes, I really had one ready) grabbed my camera, and yes, stepped outside. I have seen a few tornados from a good distance but I have never seen anything like this. It was huge and I am sure it passed right over or near us but had lifted back up. There was a fair amount of debris floating in the air but I kept dropping the damn camera. I got one pic but it is not very good and at this point I decided to get inside. I wanted to share this with you all but I had lost internet during the event.... sort of spooky...the last radar loop I had was 4:05pm CDT. So anyway we spent the rest of the night w/ my good buddy JK and crew as he/they went on to do a truly fantastic job and I know he saved some lives that night. About it that I can think of.

Coop...BTW no NOAA radio after that, tornado got it. WJHG was the Wx radio....still is.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center