Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Sep 19 2004 02:21 PM
Re: Forecasting fun with Jeanne

thanks redbird, me and my two bassets weathered the storm just fine, I think they slept through the whole thing..... and I really appreciate your concern,, and also the great information that I got from the board during my "to evacuate, or not to evacuate" ordeal.... it was just fantastic support

we along the MS coast was VERY fortunate..... had Ivan continued on that NNW course, we would be experiencing the devastation along our coast.... Ivan was a tremendous storm, one for the records for sure.... I am still trying to get the official storm surge.... I have heard unofficial reports ranging from 15-30 feet.... that's a tremendous amount of surge... my best guess would be in the lower to mid 20's, but the wave heights also added to the tremendous damage... this storm surge was not typical for a Cat 3 storm..

as for Jeanne who knows what she is going to do, latest model runs are a little disturbing, but we have plenty of time to monitor her progress.... I'd hate to see a repeat of the Betsy track from 65, but its still way to early to tell.... but just having her where she is and all the unknowns in itself must be most stressing to the floridians who have taken way more hits than they deserve .... maybe she'll just fade away and die off... now wouldn't that be great for all....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center