GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sun Sep 19 2004 02:42 PM
Re: Forecasting fun with Jeanne

For those who are concerned about us in Florida. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I would like to comment that although this has been a terrible hurricane season for Florida from hits, the good side of this is that people are now aware that it can happen, WILL happen, has happened and CAN happen again. It is unfortunate that it took this kind of a wake up call for people to realize the truth. The good in all of this is people are staying prepared. A lot of people in my area, Inland, have decided to leave their cane preps up until the season is over. They have taken down just a few boards to let the light in and that is all. It is refreshing to see bottled water in crates sitting in the store in appropriate places so that this will not be a start from scratch event if indeed we do have to do it again. I just checked the pix and Jeanne is starting to resemble a tropical entity again.I noticed some kids beginning to prepare for halloween, I wonder if more kids will come dressed as hurricanes, than political figures this year....scary! Some one I was talking to yesterday commented that there was not one single area of Florida that had not been directly effected by a hurricane this year, even if the damage was not overly terrible. I lost a total of 4 shingles, and some dead branches(small ones) and raked and mulched a lot of green leaves. I was very lucky. In answer to some one's question as to whether Florida has a bull's eye on it this year. I am thinking that the answer is yes. Charley and Frances crossed each other's path and Ivan drew his own., We only need one more different path directly across Central Florida to have all possible landfalls covered this year. 3 times is the charm. Let's hope that karl does not get a taste for orange juice.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center