clueless
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Sep 19 2004 03:16 PM
Just don't get Jeanne

Okay I know that you all have explained how this loop will happen, but I don't get it - could you explain it in little words so that I am sure to understand. Here is what I don't get
1. Why in the world would it go in a loop at all.
2. How come the loop is the forecast when none of the models from which I think I understand the forecasted track to come show anything like a loop.
3. Someone just said that despite the loop the storm won't come to FL even though it is pointed straight at us - Ubby says it looks like it is getting off the turnpike and heading on vacation. What will turn it before it gets to us.

I kind of understand the general nature of troughs and fronts - troughs pull a storm and fronts push and turn it - I think - but beyond that I am clueless (hence the handle)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center