Terri
(Weather Watcher)
Sun Sep 19 2004 03:47 PM
Re: Forecasting fun with Jeanne

Quote:

thanks redbird, me and my two bassets weathered the storm just fine, I think they slept through the whole thing..... and I really appreciate your concern,, and also the great information that I got from the board during my "to evacuate, or not to evacuate" ordeal.... it was just fantastic support

For what it's worth, Frank, I got down on my knees and prayed for all of you folks that would surely be affected by Ivan. What else can a person do but that? Glad to hear that you and your bassets made it through the storm unscathed. Normally I lurk at this site because you fine folks are talking way over my head, but hey, I'm learning and quickly, too!. I am in complete awe of ALL of your skills, truly. Hopefully, one day in the not too distant future I'll be able to speak the lingo and understand it, as well. This hurricane season has been the strangest that I can recall in my 40+ years young. I certainly hope Joe B is wrong about the projected path of Jeanne because I'm going to get nailed if he's right. No doubt about the fact that Jeanne is a woman, though. She's as unpredictable as the rest of us. LOL Also, thank you for your mail welcoming me, Frank. I do appreciate it. I do hope that the check I just mailed to Mike will somehow help to keep this site up and running and aid in procuring any upgrades that may be needed. I count on you guys and gals to post possible scenarios. It really does help me to plan my course of action, should your predictions come true. Here's a big thanks from me to all of you. Being 100 feet from the Ogeechee River's edge, located on a small island, and being 10 minutes from the ocean "as the crow flies", I'm watching this unpredictable Lady Jeanne carefully.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center