StormKrone
(Weather Watcher)
Sun Sep 19 2004 07:22 PM
Re: JB-seer or madman?

Well.... I've seen some pretty strange things in my time... some of them were hurricane tracks...guess I'll probably see a few more... time will tell..

I volunteered at the local Red Cross shelter on storm night. My roommates son and his lady lived on Okaloosa Island...(that IS past tense). He and his lady had just moved down there in August from northern Alabama.

He called yesterday when they could finally get in to check the damage and said he was standing on sand in his livingroom and touching the ceiling. He and his cousin had to use a shovel to find his bikes which were in the livingroom.

Frankly, I am tired... overwhelmed... and exhausted...
SK

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center