Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Sun Sep 19 2004 11:17 PM
Re: question on jeanne's current movement and strength

Ivan's ghost is a mere area of voricity and a cloud swirl. If that can develop, re-develop then this season is really "A Season from Hell" something coming back from the dead, creeps me out. The comment I said about Isabel, I don't and I mean don't think that the next storm will be a CAT 5 in any way shape or form. I'm just saying that could take a somewhat a simliar track to that Isabel. I'm not just saying this and having no reason to back it up, that's just plain stupid. Here is my reason, the ensembles have the ridge breaking by Japan this could teleconnect with the ridge in the east, breaking this down would allow a hit in the north; the Carolinas. We have seen time and time again a big new england wheel high governing the tropics and directing storms to Florida. I'm simply sepculating that the model's have been trending more to troughs then to the overall ridges in general. Just my take on the next storm, and by the way teleconnection's are usually somewhat far off from the real deal.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center