FreakedInFlorida
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Sep 19 2004 11:38 PM
My apologies...

I may have been too harsh in my comments about Accuweather and if so, I apologize. I realized that I don't know much about Accuweather.com beyond what is presented in the free portion of their site, which offers very little in the way of information as to why such a track is possible. From an outsider who may not even know about other sites like NOAA and this one, basically you are getting a snapshot of a concept of an unsure thing, that seems much more sure when put into graphic form. It is that that I think Accuweather does wrong, which is to put up a track 7 days in advance in a system that has not followed any of the paths it has been estimated to go. It just causes undue worry that far out.

Anyway, didn't mean to rattle any feathers if I did.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center