LI Phil
(User)
Mon Sep 20 2004 12:30 AM
What's so good about accuwx pro?

Well, I happen to like for a number of reasons, not the least of which is their modeling suite...that probably wouldn't interest you.

Also, the "hires graphics" section, which is where I have grabbed a number of attachments recently.

They also have Henry Margusity, the severe weather expert, who also happens to know a bunch about hurricanes.

Then there's Joe B and his videos...just ask steve, worth my $.52/day just for his commentary.

They also have a "severe weather" section which is most helpful when t-storms threaten.

They used to give you free access to something known as "Radar Plus" which, in addition to some awesome graphics, has a "future weather predictor" tool, which lets you graphically see what the weather will be three hours from now. ie..when t-storms approach, it will "anticipate" the weather from now up to three hours into the future, on a radar loop. The free trial was pretty cool, but I'm not paying any more than I already am.

What else...you can download forecasts to your PDA...15 day forecasts (worthless, but at least they try)...historical data...what was the weather in your area 3 years ago today...it will tell you...2 billion different types of radar/sat...

I use it mostly for JB and the model suites, but there is a bunch of stuff...just click away and explore. I find something new every day.

EDIT: Just noticed this, but I think it's a nice touch that all NFL teams are wearing a "40" on their helmets!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center