LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Mon Sep 20 2004 01:35 AM
notes from Norcross on past friday in quotes

A friend was here and was so blown away by what Norcross said they wrote bits and pieces down. Told me if others hadnt seen it they'd have thought they were dreaming as he rarely outright goes against NHC. But being a Miamian when Norcross says something I give it more weight than something online or by a forecaster I dont know as well.

Said pointing to the track of NHC "whole bunch of supposition"

He said the whole tropical picture was going to get "complicated and strange"

Called Jeanne tenacious and worth watching.

pointed to the track for the next five days and said "for some reason they seem to believe their forecast makes sense"

then he went into this long drawn out explanation of how ivan's remants would end up off the coast of florida and would move sw across the state and depending on if ivan's remnants do something more than rain.. it could steal jeanne's chance or jeanne could negate ivan or they could both go west but I dont have the exact quotes here because my friend stopped writing and stared with their mouth wide open in shock

as much as i trust many here, as much as i trust nhc... when norcross questions they on air... there has to be a very good reason, its not like him

now 2 days later i can see why he said what he did

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center