Shalafi
(Weather Guru)
Tue Sep 21 2004 05:14 PM
Re: survived because of a one degree dogleg right at the last minute...whew!

Since I know nothing about weather watching or storm predicting or trofs and ridges I'm fascinated by all this. Living in central FL has made me almost dependent on this site. Tell me if I got this straight:

This season is insane, virtually anything goes and I wont know if I need to "hunker down" until about 1 day before the storm and even then it could jump around us and we not even see rain? I know hurricanes aren't 100% predictable, but it seems like there is even less ability to figure them out this year than normal...I just wish I understood it all better so I could enjoy the thrill and challenge of it all...very interesting! Thank you all!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center