Katie
(Weather Guru)
Tue Sep 21 2004 05:42 PM
Re: Ivan's Return

Anyone know the possibility of Lisa taking a similar path to Ivan? The forecasters keep commenting on how far south she is as was Ivan. I was just curious if I need to keep a watchful eye on her or if she will get swept away with Karl.

Also, to the person who asked about the "one day rule" of hunker down - after going through Bonnie, Charley, Francis and outter bands of Ivan - if I am in a cone - I will be hunkered down for good! No chance in heck I won't be prepared for any other hurricane after Charley! Like with Ivan, we waited till it was past our area and still heading North before we took a sigh of relief.

Also, I read that they think we will be in this pattern for hits for approximately 10-40 years! Is this really possible and where is our normal protection? Just curious.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center