Ricreig
(User)
Tue Sep 21 2004 05:47 PM
Re: survived because of a one degree dogleg right at the last minute...whew!

Quote:

I just wish I understood it all better so I could enjoy the thrill and challenge of it all...very interesting! Thank you all!

First, welcome aboard.

I think that *everyone*, from the experts at NHC to the pros like Jason K to the 'learned' that visit this forum so oten, certainly me, all feel the same "I wish I understood it all better". Every storm has its' challanges and thrills, but this year has been both a little too challanging and way too 'thirlling' for most of us. At least, back in '59 with Camille, I *ONLY* had to worry about her, not Charley, Frances and her wayword offspring, Ivan the terrible. ...and to have a bastard step-son of Ivandevellop and possibly threaten us again is almost intollerable. I have had more rain from this 'bastard' wannabe storm in the last day and a half than I have had since Frances came by, total and the winds here in Orlando are 'fresh' to say the least. And that is just a 'renant'.

So, yes, we would all like to know and understand more....hang in there

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center