Fletch
(Weather Guru)
Tue Sep 21 2004 05:48 PM
Re: Ivan's Return

Quote:

I think it should be renamed if it desreves storm status just because of the ramifications of using "Ivan" now one of the classic modern storms.
Besides what went over Florida was hardly a storm and not even a TD level if it was a closed low which I doubt as stated earlier.
I guess if the NHC can somehow track the original vortex from landfall to the Florida East coast yesterday, then perhaps it could be Ivan the Resusciitated... but a new name would be my recommendation if that comes to pass.

Also Can Lisa survive???Right now it looks ragged...being slapped around by big brother Karl and seems to be nearly out run by the large system behind it...they can't be more that 250-300 miles apart and it looks as if the gap is closing?

Doug, I agree with you on both points. "IF" something should become of the circulation off Naples it should not be named Ivan.

Also, I think Lisa is going to have a hard time keeping it together. We shall see.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center