Shalafi
(Weather Guru)
Tue Sep 21 2004 05:54 PM
Re: survived because of a one degree dogleg right at the last minute...whew!

I don't think I'm asking too much..I just want to at least be able to understand terms being used. I checked out the glossary page and it is missing a lot of terms I would like to understand. Those 3 letter acronyms thrown around for one thing... SST? LLC? or whatever. I will say tho I have learned a lot and now to my friends and coworkers think I know a lot which is funny but I'll take what I can get. I work at Florida Hospital so I'd really like to know if I'm going to have to pack for 3 days for the next storm ahead of time but I guess mother nature just doesn't want to abide by my wishes...

Ivan hanging a U turn and coming back down and now in the GOM (one acronym I figured out ) seemingly spinning is just amazing to me. I guess I shouldn't be so excited about potentially fatal storms but man are they fun to watch...

Mike I'll donate again when I get paid this week. I just don't feel like I've donated enough. Thank you all!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center