Ricreig
(User)
Tue Sep 21 2004 09:43 PM
Re: Jeanne-retirement after the season?

Quote:

Shoot man I hope this kills anyone's appetite for more exciting WX in the southeast. Many just do not know the intense damage one of these storms is capable of.

I do have a fear of island living due to the events just posted her for the Cayman's.

While I don't have a fear of island living (mostly because I can't afford to), I do share your sentiments about the dangers during storm season. Thankfully, Ivans don't come around too often. Islands are considered 'paridise' because with few exceptions, one can live a lifetime without the disasters represented by Ivan and storms like him. But when it happess, a lot of suffering follows. I don't pity the people hit by these storms, pity does no good, but I certainly empathize with them and pray they can put their lives back together quickly. To those that didn't make it, I feel the anguish of their survivors, those that died no longer have to worry.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center