LI Phil
(User)
Tue Sep 21 2004 11:28 PM
Jeanne 5 Day

When I start to see the models coming into agreement and a 5 Day Forecast like this, it gets my attention...especially since scottsvb said earlier he thinks this could reach CAT III status...

Up here we've been extremely lucky since Gloria; Bob '91 stayed well offshore; the Hallowe'en Surprise (perfect storm) '92 did produce copious flooding, but not the horrible winds & surge (think the Hurricane was Grace); Floyd '99 was but a mere shell of himself when he passed through here with TS winds; Isabel '03 really scared the bejezzus out of us, but she never recurved after going inland.

I need to come up with some kind of patented Rabbit Voodoo Hex...maybe wishing it to come here will work...

Still not ready to make a forecast yet, and I don't think we will really have a grip on Jeanne until Friday, when she should basically be in the same place she is right now...give or take.

While I will definitely not call for a cross-FL to the Gulf scenario, I don't think anyone on the East Coast can relax just yet.

Ivan's remnants are now in the GOM, but he's getting sheared pretty good at the moment. However, if those remnants can survive, conditions are forecast to be more favorable for development...

Maybe this will hit NO as a CAT III for Steve...or even make it all the way to SoonerShawn in Houston...who knows?

Karl is definitely for the trout but will his little sister Kate follow him or pass on the Fujiwhara and inch across the pond.

After seeing what Jeanne did to Haiti, I can almost guarantee she's being retired. I'm going to officially recommend that WMO replace Charley with Clyde, Frances with Francesux, Ivan with Idontneednomorestinkinhurricanes, and Jean with Justsayno.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center