Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Wed Sep 22 2004 12:36 AM
Re: Jeanne 5 Day

LI phil,

With me on the Island I'll be sure to get the eye if it would come up here, since bad weather follows me like my dog. Anyway this season should be called the Season of Retired Names. How many names have been retired already, Charley, Frances, Ivan and now Jeanne; what's next... At least there's one good thing out of this, no nor'easters. The tropical systems have robbed all of the energy from the oceans and have left none for any nor'easter. That doesn't matter though we never know. I'll be following all these storms very close, people up here are not prepared for a hurricane and most likely not a CAT 3. I hope this won't be the LIer's wake up call for preparing with a hurricane.

Keith Roberts

eh, i dunno keith, last i heard the gulf stream is still flowing.. noreasters are more of a pattern-induced type of feature.. a temperature gradient on the east coast gives them more punch, but they're a menace regardless. -HF

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center