DroopGB31
(Weather Guru)
Wed Sep 22 2004 01:06 AM
Re: Jeanne 5 Day

Hey Guys, I finally made it back to my house today in Gulf Breeze after the bridge out of Pensacola opened. My house was missing alot of shingles as are most houses around here but the big problem are all the tree's. I think this qualifies as extreme tree damage. Every tree either lost almost every branch and limb or is snapped in half or on houses. Its very bad. The trees are all "naked" now since no leaves survived. We in my neighborhood are lucky though. Just a block away is were the flooding and surge damage starts. Whats amazing is these streets are a quarter mile from the sound. Its not a good site at all, very sad near the water. WHOLE houses are gone. I counted about 6 in my area that are completely gone except foundations. The big difference was stilts. If your house was on stilts its ok, if not, its inhabitable or gone. This is the Oriole Beach area of Gulf Breeze. I was lucky and Im very thankful. Everyone pray for those that lost everything. Goodnight

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center