Clark
(Meteorologist)
Wed Sep 22 2004 01:09 AM
Re: bevy of comments

I'll echo HF's comments here.

Jeanne, if it heads west, will be one sheared system...and as we saw late last week, it doesn't deal well with shear, being a relatively small storm.

Karl's going out to sea, where it can stir up the fishies and say hi to Danielle while it's there. Should be a nice extratropical storm for the maritimes in a few days.

Lisa is caught between a rock (Karl) and a hard place (the future TD 14). It's small size helps it a good bit, but it needs Karl to get away before it does anything. Would not be surprised to see a fujiwhara scenario set up between it and the system behind it...with Lisa being the Karen to the TD 14's Iris (1995).

The system behind it may well be TD 14 already and has a fair shot at being Matthew before too long. It might take the Karl path for awhile due to interaction with Lisa, but ultimately may end up turning back more to the west as it either rotates around Lisa to its south or eats the storm alive. Probably one for the fish down the line, which I don't think we all will complain about.

Models do give support to another wave in the wake of these, but I can't imagine there's that much left in the CV season. The climatological time frame is going out the window, atmospheric indicators are starting to go negative, and the waters are cooling both due to climatology as well as so many storms out there upwelling the water.

In the not too distant future, it'll be Gulf & Caribbean open season. We'll see some fronts make their way here, stall, and get some lows spinning in the Bay of Campeche or west-central Gulf. Here's hoping there aren't many that do so...and definitely no Mitches.

Remnants of Ivan...don't think they'll amount to anything, 'cept maybe spin around and around the SE US for awhile. Who knows, it could be the next Gordon (the 1994 version). Just don't think we'll get 5 systems at once.

The Mediterranean storm mentioned in the first post to the thread has moved off into Turkey, but I might be able to get you all a phase analysis on the low in the next few days to see what sort of structure it had. Not out of the question that it was a subtropical low....tropical might be stretching it, but I'll see what I (well, not really me, but my "boss") can dig up.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center