Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Sep 22 2004 12:22 PM
Re: To MR UNHappy

Quote:

Glad the folks in Orange county dis such a good job for you. Here in rural Volusia it was not the same. No police officer or fireman violated their STRICT job description.

I didn't complain about FEMA, they were the only ones who helped. The closest city to here is Sanford AND THEY WERE REQUIRING PROOF OF RESIDENCE IN THAT CITY TO OBTAIN WATER OR ICE.

I hope they haven't charged us any fees for debris pick up, because nothing has been picked up.

Did you viisit the projected horrible flooding in Sanford? I think not, there wasn't any. Made good scary news stories though. The point is we are higher than them.

There were no police officers with the gas trucks here. Where was FEMA handing out tarps?

As I said the power companies were great after Charlie, harder to understand after Frances.

I was VERY lucky during both storms and was one of the only houses here without serious damage.

My point was that the public officials did not help, but actually hurt HERE.

Mr. U.

I probally live close to you and I have to agree with what you said. All the other county mayors made there statements on the tv after Charlie, were was ours???? hmmmmmm

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center