Lake Toho - Kissimmee
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Sep 22 2004 01:44 PM
Re: To MR UNHappy

I know this is kinda off topic (sorry). Its great that Jeb Bush is allowing roofers from out of state to fix our roofs, however, keep in mind that your warranty will be basically worthless with an out of state roofer. If a leak develops or if something goes wrong later on with your roof, your out of state roofer may be long gone and I can guarantee you wont see them making service calls. I realize some people will have no choice, but just becareful. A roof is a huge investment, that should be done by someone locally. That way if you have any issues later, they can assist you. I am still waiting for a check from my insurance company, suppose to be here Friday. I am fortunate I have been able to get estimates, you just have to persistant.

Hope Jeanne does get to close, plastic is the only thing holding out the elements and the winds these days have made me a little anxious that I will need to have another temporary repair (I have had it repaired 3 x so far)..

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center