Joe
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Sep 22 2004 09:41 PM
Re: Jeanne-CAT II at 5:00

Short term forecast for Jeanne seems more certain, but after 84 hours all bets are off. Heres my take on forecast... High pressure to north and northwest of Jeanne will allow her to move WSW-Westward next 84 hours or so, this seems reasonable given that a trough and area of low pressure over the plains states will move NE into Canada allowing the ridge to the east to elongate blocking Jeanne from moving north. Although as trough pulls further east this may allow for ridge to weaken and take Jeanne on a more NW or north track. I feel confident that there will be a NW-N movement the question is when? Its really a timing issue that will likley be watching this weekend as it moves into northern Bahama islands.

Strength...Jeanne looks as though it will battle with some dry air basically all around although shear will remain somewhat in check through the short term, Long term shear looks to increase from the SW allowing for a steadying or slight weakening. I like NHC strength forecast but could make CAT 3 status for a time during next 84 hours or so.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center