Ricreig
(User)
Thu Sep 23 2004 03:05 AM
Re: Jeanne better turn ...

Quote:

They are being very conservative on the slight track to the west,,they will wait to see the OZ model runs to make a more w track into florida. Thats how i see it and they will come into agreement with my thinking of this. Ivan at 3pm wasnt a depression but it continued to get better organized and they waited for recon,, thats why it wasnt upgraded at 5pm. Should be a weak tropical storm as most of us predicted nearing Texas coast in 36 hours,.,,,,still not 100% sure it will come inland or jog to the south. Ill post more on Jeanne later tonight and on Thursday on my landfall area.

Well, as I remember, you forecast it to go, ala Andrew, across the state about 150 N of Andrew and into the gulf. I tend to disagree in that I don't think it'll get into the GOM. What I see happening is that it will march inland, then turn right and possibly march up the state just inland with a slight turne to the NE and comning back out into the Atlantic just off the coast to about NC....beyond that, I'm not sure but with the ridge to the N from about West of Bermuda to somewhere S, SW of Florida, I can see it deflecting right. Add the trof coming in from the West, (not in time), I'm not sure if it will go NE or back slightly NW and affect the NE US. My sills are not developed enough to see that far out.

I hope we're both wrong and we won't need to concern ourselves with how much Ice we'll need this time....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center