Ricreig
(User)
Thu Sep 23 2004 04:08 AM
Re: Jeanne better turn ...

Quote:

Ricreig,,I think thats great what you do. There are better forecasters then me out there. I get storms wrong and learn from them,,heheheh. Anyways keep up the great work you do also.

Thanks for the kudos, but it you that deserve them and the others in this forum that make it work so well and help the less educated members of this forum, such as myself, understand a very complex situation. If I have any worth at all here is the fact I have lived this weather, experienced its fury and seen the death and destruction. Most of our members are too young to have lived through Camille, Betsy and their ilk, and need to rely on us old-farts experience to help guide them go good decisions, reducing the number of bad decisions the inexperienced often make without guidance. I rely on you and others like you to guide me and I try to translate that to "Yes, you *should* evacuate' when asked by the many that have never seen a storm up close and personal. People like Colleen, not a pro forecaster, has great skill at asking the right questions at the right time. Phil (when his mind isnt in the gutter Does a good job keeping the rest of us 'inline' and on topic. Mike, John and Ed do a fantastic job running, repairing, programming and forecasting . It is quite possible that because of this board, lives have been saved. I like to think we're all a team....it takes us all doing our own thing but working for a common cause.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center