Ricreig
(User)
Thu Sep 23 2004 05:18 AM
Re: Nhc is missing up tonight big time(A big rant)

Quote:

End of Rant!

(Is this all right to have here)

Matt,

Your burr under the saddle is showing. Personally, I don't quite understand the reason to be so upset so as to cause your language to degenerate almost to street level. Your opinion is most certainly welcome and you have a right to it, but the members of this forum have nothing to do with the how and why the NHC named the GOM version of Ivan as it did. The NHC is made up of people, like yourself and they, being human, can and do make mistakes and can be inconsistant. Unless their action or inaction directly impacts your life, fortune or well being, I fail to see why it is necessary to be so agitated. Passionate about your convicitions is one thing, ranting and shouting in anger is entirely another.

By the way, if you'd register, members of this formum might be able to PM you and explain their viewpoints, support or not and why. Your statistics in the first part of your message were most enlightening and a good summary of Ivan....until the attacks on the NHC that is. I personally think that attacks on members of this forum, or any entity such as the NHC, are simply inappropriate. We all get AFU at times, but we shouldn't berate others when they do it, so it seems to me.

Please join us, register and keep the level of discussion a bit higher than the dust of the streets as much as possible. OK?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center