Florida Nurse
(Registered User)
Thu Sep 23 2004 10:59 AM
Re: Florida in the crosshairs - again!

Want to say that I have been learning more about hurricanes than I ever wanted to know from reading this board, but I'm thankful so many of you understand what is going on far better than I. I''ll attempt to keep stupid comments and questions to a minimum...............now with that said. I'm in St. Augustine and like many of you from Florida, I don't think I can stand another weekend storm watching. I quit watching the weather channel and now just check the NHC forecasts and read the posts here. I was without power for 6 days. I've been on vacation for 3 weeks, but I'm going back to work Tuesday. Just in time to take a cold shower in the mornings again it appears. I think I could use some mood stabilizers right now . I'm not freaking out, just watching. The track has changed so much that I'll reserve getting nervous until tomorrow if the track remains the same.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center