Ricreig
(User)
Thu Sep 23 2004 12:07 PM
Re: Florida in the crosshairs - again!

Quote:

I'm a novice at this but one thing positive for Florida is the fact that the 5 a.m. advisory had it moving west at 3 and the 8 a.m. has it drifting. Because it is now moving very slow to the west, I feel that it will be farther away from the Florida east coast when it makes its turn north thus Florida will be spared. At least I hope so.

I think several million people in the area would agree. The longer it stays East of forecast, the better the chances the effective ridges and troughs have to reorient themselves and prevent a possible (additional) disaster for Florida and could even benefit our neighbors to the North.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center