FreakedInFlorida
(Verified CFHC User)
Thu Sep 23 2004 12:17 PM
Re: Florida in the crosshairs - again!

Fortunately, we still have a lot of supplies from Frances. One good thing about the shelter was they gave you food (which is not a guarantee), so we didn't have to have to use our canned food/water much while there and power/water was not off very long afterward the storm at our house.. We got flashlights oddly enough after the storm, but at least now we have them. If we do decide to go to a shelter, gonna definitely take lounge chairs with us. The hard floor with a sleeping bag just didn't cut it as far as the old muscles. Today's quest will mostly be to fill up the tank and get cash from the bank, which is important because last time the stores only took cash around here for quite a few days. A friend with food stamps told me they didn't take them either, something to consider. Plywood mounting will probably be tomorrow's project and a storage of valuables in the storm shed.

Rich, thanks for the head's up on the map. Will help and I look forward to seeing Skeetobyte's take on it. He's been so very helpful with his maps and I appreciate them a lot. Was so informative in Frances and I'm sure to the other storm's as well.

Today is going to be a crazy day and I really really hope they are wrong and Jeanne turns NW before getting too close.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center