MissBecky
(Weather Guru)
Fri Sep 24 2004 12:04 AM
COAMPS model?

Hi, another first-time poster here, from Ft. Myers. I have been lurking since Frances, but I really wish I had known about this site before Charley. I will never forget watching TWC radar the morning of August 13th, and realizing about 9:30 that Charley was moving east even though Greg Nies on TWC was still saying north. Needless to say, I have lost a lot of my faith in TWC since then.

I have a question about the models. I was looking at the NOGAPS today (and wincing as it showed Jeanne crossing over Ft. Myers) and I followed some of the links to the model comparisons. The model called COAMPS takes Jeanne due west, into the straits of Florida. I haven't seen anybody else mention this. Is there a reason this model is discounted? I'm sorry if this is common knowledge...I'm (obviously) a newbie to all this.

Thanks for your help. This is a great site and I'm very glad I found it.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center