The Dave Cave
(Registered User)
Fri Sep 24 2004 11:10 AM
Re: Jeanne Track

Long time lurker, first time poster here.
First, thanks to all for your remarkably informative posts! Intelligent interactive discussion like this is rare when dealing with what can develop into a rather emotional situation. It has helped me maintain what's left of my sanity over the last few weeks.

What is the take of the members of the board about the recent changes in track. Yes, I know that the NHC track is the "Official" version but recent changes appear to indicate that there is potential for Cat 1 force winds in Orlando. I have a niece's wedding to get to in PA and would have to leave by 10 AM today to get there in time (driving, gulp!). I can ride out up north for the return trip out of harm's way in PA but don't want to go if we are expecting HF winds in O'do. Since the latest official track is trending more east, does it look to continue moving that way or, in your vaired opinions, do conditions look to keep it more to the coastal/slight inland course? With the course right now, I would think that O'do would be right on the west edge of the HF windfield. Am I hallucinating?

Thanks for any opinions you can offer! And again, thanks for your continued erudite discussion!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center