Ricreig
(User)
Fri Sep 24 2004 05:05 PM
Re: funny ...no panic in miami that i have seen

Quote:

So how concerned should we be in SW Florida (from Charlotte County down)? Nobody here is very concerned .. and after Charlotte County had to evacuate before Ivan, schools were closed, etc.. and the weather here was beautiful. .. I think people could get a little indifferent. Plus we're all kind of numb anyway... I don't want us to be in another scenario where we have little time to prepare, should this thing go further SW than NE!

I would say that no one in Florida, anywhere in the SE US should be unconcerned. However, if I was going to be in Florida during a landfalling hurricane, this is one time I would be asking you, what's your address and do you have a room for rent this weekend? Keep posted and you won't be surprised regardless of the eventual trac, Las Vegas odds are in your favor this time, but even the house loses sometimes. If you remember that, you'll be OK.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center