MrSpock
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Sep 24 2004 08:35 PM
Re: For Georgia coastal residents & north...

Your Tuesday evening is my Tuesday morning for Jeanne I guess.
The GFS and GFDL are probably still too far east, although the GFS did make a shift left this morning.
The N.C. coast is looking more and more like it is going to get a pretty good shot too, and I actually expect a second landfall there if it does go back out over the water first.
Phil, in our area, (or at least mine, but likely yours to a degree) a front is expected to stall besides, which is a good recipe for heavy rains. First things first though.
Even though the forecast has been consistent in a sharp turn, I question whether it will actually be able to do that that quickly.
JB's comments were interesting, and I see where he is coming from-the thought did cross my mind to a degree also.

Edit:
BTW, I am ignoring the ETA until or unless it is over land. It's been leaning over to the left for the last several storms too long, and too far. I don't think it was designed for these situations either, although its upstream forecasts can be useful. Remember, it had Ivan crossing the Yucatan for many runs.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center