alan
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sat Sep 25 2004 02:52 AM
Re: Coming up on 11 adv

Votaw and Piedmont-Wekiva here.

There is a definate calm over the community today and tonight. I just think people are so beat up already that they just don't know what to do. I really blame ivan and Frances more than anything.
With Charley, it was shock.
With Frances, it was mindnumbing, but the Orlando area faired much better than with Charley. There was so much buildup and then a lesser hit than the first one. Most people did not see the damage along the coast. In Orlando, it was not that powerful.
Then Ivan came and the community over reacted. Much of the community cancelled events, meetings and almost everything, on Friday when Ivan was still several days away. My calendar, which usually has at least four meetings a day was wiped clean before anyone knew for sure what was happening with the storm. Then it missed us. This time, I think its back to it will miss us.

It's really not a good thing. If this one hits Orlando, it will be the worst one.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center