Web3
(Registered User)
Sat Sep 25 2004 03:12 AM
Iteresting Weather Bouy

Hi. I'm here in Vero Beach, boarded up, and considering getting out of town. Wife & stepdaughter already in Tampa.

I was about 7 miles due west of the NHC in Miami when Andrew struck, I was listening to Bob Sheets when the radar dome blew off the NHC building! Frances here was a pretty intense experience. Enough is enough! I think I'll leave ..... unless this westerly track holds. OUr house did well in Frances, and the trees got a free pruning. We'll see.

But: This is a great board, wonderful info, great links and a good bunch! Glad you are here.

Here is a link to a summary of the wind, gusts and pressure at Grand Bahama Island:
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/plot_wind_pres.php?station=spgf1&uom=E

As you can see, something is coming!

Once again, thank you all for your presence now, and during Frances.

Web

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center