Daytonaman
(Weather Watcher)
Sat Sep 25 2004 03:42 AM
Re: Jeanne Moving West

A couple of other things that worked for us during Charley and Frances were: 1. Getting good hot showers the day before then I cranked up the hot water tank, when we took showers we jumped in, turned on the water, got wet, shut off the water, soaped up, then turned water on for quick rinse and since water was still working new water mixed with the hot water and we took at least warm showers for 6 days (2 people and a dog(2 baths..lol) 2. A couple of days in advance I got ice and filled the freezer and the cooler..the ice in the cooler helped to start the cooling process of the insulation in the cooler...morning of the storms I took and used the ice water in cooler to make drinks, used ice in freezer to restock cooler and put new ice in the freezer...we had ice and ice water for 6 days. Hopes these tips also help...
Hanging out waiting for Round 3,
Bruce
Port Orange, FL

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center