Tropicbird
(Registered User)
Sat Sep 25 2004 10:45 AM
Re: Satellite Loops/Hurricane winds?

Morning jolt-forecaster Beven saying Jeanne *could* go to Cat 4. Who needs coffee?
Looking at the infrared there seems to be an awful lot of strong convection to the S of the eye. Does this mean that the 'weak' side isn't going to be so weak this time? It's slowly dawning on me that conditions in extreme So Fla could be worse here than with Frances, who didn't even knock out our power, particularily if she continues to ride along 26.5 rather than getting up to the forecast 27.3 or wherever.
Sorry for being so focused on my little corner of the world; I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect down here. I can't even express how bad I feel for everybody along the coast to the north. Hang in there!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center