Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sat Sep 25 2004 11:41 AM
Re: Florida.... this is NOT the time to be complacent....

Colleen, looks like your earlier fears maybe coming to fruition.... these things always have a surprise or two for us.... Ivans turn at the end spared us on the MS coast....

looking at the radar loops, Jeanne looks like she's hauling butt and the east coast of Fl will be getting some serious storms... sooner rather than later... and the faster she goes, the farther inland she brings those damaging winds... and if it were to go more south over Lake Okeechobee, its only adding more fuel to the fire....

If any members of the CFHC family would like my cell phone number to have available to relatives to relay storm information just send me a personal message and you will get it.... However, I will give it out to registered members only... sorry

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center