Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Sep 25 2004 11:51 AM
Re: Florida.... this is NOT the time to be complacent....

Okay, reading all of these, I am now becoming concerned. I live in Seminole County- Winter Springs to be exact. Charley went through here and my house fared rather well, neighbors had wind and tree damage, neighborhoods surrounding us such as Tuskawilla and Casselberry had lots of trees down but of course nothing like Polk County or Osceola County got when Charley moved through. Francis, well that came through it was just wind and rain and little to no damage in my area. I live not in a flood area but near Sykes creek(next block) and /Lake Jessup (around 4-5 miles away). The rain in this most recent storm I do not believe would place us in flood risk as our house is on rather high ground, but the comments and long standing cautions of north and east of the eye wall have got me concerned, especially since we have been so fortunate in past storms. How much north and east we are is between Casselberry and Oveido and I have elderly parents nearby whom I am wondering should I bring closer to me as my home has usually beeen the one that everyone ends up gravitating to because of prompt restoration of power (and that I am the only one with a generator and window air unit). My parents liev in a condo but again are elderly (70's) and I do not believe could fend for themselves should something happen to a roof or window. I don't want to overkill the hype as they are only estimating the winds at around 85-90 but again, with a west Orlando path, this would place us northeast. Should we be very concerned or just cautious. I guess since we have been so blessed and protected thus far I am wondering if our time has run out?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center