Ricreig
(User)
Sat Sep 25 2004 05:02 PM
Gonna shut down and 'Hunker' down PDQ

Phil, Mike and all of the rest of you. The winds are now 22 G31 here in East Orlando. Radar shows little 'clouds' of rain racing over with feeder bands maybe at Melbourne which is about an hour drive SE of here. I expect the first bands to be here by 3pm.

So, I've got everything packed, all but this one computer, me and the cat packed and either already transported to safer haven, or in the car trunk. The back seat has room for this computer, the front seat has room for Tigger's cage, food and litter.

I'm leaving behind and hopeing to be able to salvage my Bedroom TV, my currently broken new Dell computer, furnature and appliances like the 'fridge and window AC units and my favorite chair that actually fits this 6'7" 275lb frame of mine. I'm not expecting the trailer to survive intact, but it would be nice if it does like the last two that came past. I've already experienced (or it did) Cat-II (low) winds with Charley as the eye went right over the trailer. Ten neighbors didn't make it without total loss. I'm dented and bruised but no leaks. It would be nice if I return to the same. The boss says the spare bedroom is available if I become homeless, until I can find something.

The wind gusts are now shaking the trailer so the winds are gusting with one of those little 'scud' showers coming past. I'll miss you guys but with power outages and probable inability to get internet access for a while, I may not be able to post for a bit but I'll lurk for another few minutes to hour, then I'm pulling the plug. Wind is blowing the rain at 45deg angle but radar shows this is just scud. I'm glad (and at the same time, sad) I'll not sleep here tonight. Whatever happens to me, I know I'm going to be safe and much better off than some of you, my weather nut friends and family.

Danny, Kent and Phil and the rest of you that have PM'd me, "Quit Nagging!!!! I'm going all ready <grin>" Phil, you've got the reins and Skeeter, that 11:00 map with the detailed street format and the new 'curves' format would be truly a Godsend right about now. Even if not 'significantly different than #47, #48 would be slightly further West and the few miles *could* make a difference to a lot of people besides me in the Orlando Metro area...just don't move it all the way to your house, OK?

Bye for now and I'll check in using my boss's portable if the phone holds. It was lost during Charley, worked fine for Frances...we'll see!

Richard (BTFM) Creighton
(B)ig T)all F)at M)an also known as 'Mr. "C", OTD (older than dirt) by my students

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center