KC
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sat Sep 25 2004 09:50 PM
Re: 5:00 Discussion

Quote:

Looks more west now. Thomas gives some reasoning. This just in.

At this time it appears that Jeanne will come ashore within the north side of my landfall window, between Ft. Pierce and Vero Beach. She looks just incredible on visible satellite imagery at the moment and I expect her to flirt with CAT 4 status. We have to watch for speed divergence though as she nears shore, She could suddenly auger in further down the coast nearer Hobe Sound, much like Charley did on the west coast.

Here in Plant City 25 east of Tampa we have already seen several feeder band rain squalls move through with wind gusts to 30 mph. Barometer is 29.69" and falling at 5:00 pm EDT. I think County EOC's are dropping the ball here on the west coast. Many are expecting wind gusts of tropical storm force and nothing more. Many are going to be stunned at the hurricane force winds and all the damage that's going to occur, plus west coast storm surge.

Be Safe,
Thomas Giella
Retired Space & Atmospheric Weather Forecaster
Plant City, FL,

We've also had gusts to 30 in Naples. Collier Emergency Mgt projected tropical storm force winds and I think Lee County did the same.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center